offer high compressive strength
- Feature compressive strengths up to 10,000 PSI
engineered for higher performance
- UL classified for fire resistance
- Defined as hydraulic cement per ASTM C219
- Products for fast-track applications
- Third-party tested for acoustical performance
- Backed by a 10-year limited system warranty
compatible with all floor coverings
- Meet the requirements of ASTM F710
- Approved by major floor covering and adhesive manufacturers
maintain code compliance
- All USG sound systems are fire-rated and easily specified by a UL Design
- All 1- and 2-hour rated floor assemblies are designed to meet the current International Building Code (IBC)
save time and money
- Typical installation does not require mechanical preparation of the concrete substrate
enhanced comfort and safety. by design.
USG engineered gypsum cement underlayments can help maximize sound isolation between floors while also meeting UL fire ratings that protect the safety of a building's occupants.
fire and sound
in multifamily floors
Learn components of fire rated UL Designs for wood framed floor/ceilings and the requirements needed for meeting sound control per the International Building Code®.download white paper
ceu: fire and sound in
Up your expertise when it comes to specifying UL floor ceiling assemblies while learning how to avoid common mistakes that can cause your design to lose its fire rating.
Credits: 1 AIA LU/HSW; 0.1 IACET; 1 AIBD P-CE